I Want To Run!

My doctor's office called this morning and said my chest xray came back normal, so I'm assuming his original diagnosis of cough variant asthma is correct, which I would have originally not been happy about, but now I'm thinking "Whew, that's all?  Thank God!".

He gave me what he called a "gentle inhaler" when I saw him yesterday, and said I wouldn't see improvement for about 3-4 days.  I see him on Tuesday when he wants to check my lungs again.  I'm hoping he puts me on something stronger so I can breathe when I run and stop this coughing all the time!  It's so bad that Mark has said, "If I were sitting next to you on a plane, I would freak out!".  Yes, I know it SOUNDS bad, but I'm not contagious and I feel perfectly fine.

I'm not running this week when I have school because I don't want to have to leave the room during testing and interrupt everyone again because I can't stop coughing.  I'll wait until this weekend when we go to a trail to run next, then see how I feel on Monday morning if I want to run.  I'm not giving up running unless he makes me, and from everything I've read, it's totally managable and I should be able to continue running with proper medication.

2 comments:

The Bipolar Diva said...

I haven't been able to run in SO long, I miss it.

KansasSunflower said...

You too, Diva? I think I'm going to run Saturday, I just can't stand it! I'm worrying too much about losing my endurance! Why aren't you able to run?

Back to Top