So Annoying!

I had my mammogram today, and I wasn't nervous at all.  But I'm getting a little annoyed and starting to not trust what people tell me.

When my OB/GYN told me about the lump, she said it was probably nothing, not to worry about it, to get a mammogram, and on the order she wrote "possible sonogram".  So I go get the mammogram, I'm told I need a sonogram, and the lady that gave me the sonogram told me not to worry, she didn't see anything scary, but she was going to get the doctor (or whatever she is) to look at it because she made the decision.  So she came in, took her own look, and decided I needed a biopsy.  But SHE said not worry, because she thought everything was okay, but she wanted to be 100% sure it was, not just 98% sure. 

So now I go in on Thursday for the biopsy, and the doctor (or whatever she is) said it's so easy, she'll do it, send it off to the lab, then call me the next day to tell me everything is fine.  Well if she's so sure that she's going to be calling me to tell me everything is fine, why are we doing it at all?  Everybody all along the way has been telling me it's nothing, yet here I keep going through the process.

It's very annoying to be strung along like this.  If they think it's something, they should tell me and not sugar coat it.  If they don't think it's anything like they keep SAYING it's not, then let's just drop it!

6 comments:

The Bipolar Diva said...

exactly!

Ray Tyler said...

On the bright side at the end of the process you will know exactly where you stand in rest of the lump in your breast.

KansasSunflower said...

True Ray, Friday will come and go and it will finally be over. Or not. But probably.

KansasSunflower said...

Yes Diva, I know you know what I'm talking about! : ) Although you've had more than just scares lately with your family....

KansasSunflower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KansasSunflower said...

Sorry about the deletion - one of my post posted twice, and I deleted one of them!

Back to Top