Passed a Test and Going Nuts!

I passed a test on Friday!  It gets so incredibly demotivating when you go for months and fail tests every single day before you pass one - just one!  But then you do, and it gives you motivation for a long time!  I passed with a 95.5%, which is 0.5% better than what I would need for the state test, but just barely!  3 down, 3 to go to get to the next speed!  I just have this week left for the quarter, then I have a week off until the next quarter starts.  Yay!

This has happened to me once before, but I have a friend at school who is very nice to me, but she just irritates the hell out of me.  It's not a bipolar irritation type of thing, I'm not sure what it is.  It happened once before with a girl I worked with who I was "supposedly friends with", as far as she knew, but every single thing she did and said drove me CRAZY!  I tried to talk about it with Mark at dinner on Friday, what she was saying and doing that was making me so irritated, and he just looked at me blankly and said "I guess it's a girl thing?"  It really doesn't seem rational when I talk about it to someone, so I'm not sure what the underlying cause is.  Can't some people just ANNOY you, just because?  It's not that I don't like her, she just has a way of getting under my skin, and I can't figure out why.  She's a very pretty girl, outgoing, lots of friends, but here's where I could deviate and start to list what annoys me.  It's not jealousy, I definitely don't want to be her or like her in any way, form or fashion.  It's just small things that really shouldn't matter, yet they do, and boy do they.  It's mostly what she SAYS, and when she says certain things, I have to concentrate so hard on my facial expression not to give myself away, even thinking of the expression in my eyes, because I know what my mind is thinking and if I'm not really careful it will be totally obvious how I feel, and I don't want that.  But she says things out of nowhere and I have no warning, so it's tricky.

My husband and I are getting along much better these days.  He doesn't talk about his individual counseling, but I think he goes once a month.  I'd rather not know about it, anyway, and don't ask much about it.  Our marriage counseling appointment is coming up sometime soon, but I have no idea when.  I already told him I didn't want to go to her ever again (probably several times), so I'm curious if he'll even remind me when the time comes.  It makes me very happy that he's doing something to improve himself personally (instead of always professionally).  I think just about everyone could be better with a bit of counseling some time in their lives.

I've been slacking off on my running - it is SO FREAKING HOT OUTSIDE!  I think it was at least 107 degrees today, but of course I wouldn't have run at the hottest point of the day.  We've been getting up much, much earlier on Saturday mornings to run on the trail, but I just can not run the whole time.  I get too hot, and now I can't make myself get out the front door before school to run between 5-6 am.  I liked it much better in the winter and spring when it was so much cooler.  So yes, my weight loss has slowed down, but I'm not sure if that is because I weigh less now or because I run less.  When I run four miles, I now only burn 250 calories.  I mean REALLY?  250 calories?  However, I think it does speed up my metabolism at least. I still have 16 pounds to lose to 125, my first goal.  For my height - 5'6", I think that is about right.  If I can get there, I will possibly try for 115 - I think that is when I have looked my best in the past.

 





No comments:

Back to Top