Passed the Last Test!

I passed the last of six tests to get out of the speed I was in today!  Yay!!  I passed four speed tests this quarter, which is a record for me.  I had wondered so many times all though the journey so far if I could even finish school, if I could even do this, and for now, it's awesome to have validation that yes, I can do this.  I CAN get better, improve, and achieve my goal.  There was a time when I thought I was the slowest student, I even wondered if it was because of my psychiatric medications, but now I'm passing people that had started in that speed before me and are still in that speed.  But you really can't compare yourself to others, it's not fair.  Everyone moves at their own pace, everyone has their own speed that they're stuck at, and everyone has their own personal lives and things they are going through.   I do hope there is not a speed in my future that I spend this long to pass the tests.

Haven't heard anything about the relocation package to Chicago yet, I don't expect to hear anything on that for awhile.  Mark's company is notoriously slow and there is no rush for us to move - he travels weekly.  You would think they would want to save money long term - $300/night for a hotel and weekly airfare every week adds up, as well as - I think they give him $90/day for meals, plus taxi fares or renting a car depending on where he is, and the charges go on and on.  Yes, I know that sounds high as a per diem for meals, but it's really not.  If you have to eat at a restaurant for every meal in Chicago, and have room service for breakfast, it's actually not as much as you would think.  I don't think my cooking is all that great, and every recipe I have has been altered for health - low fat beef, low fat everything, low calorie everything, taste has not been taken into consideration over health, yet when he gets home he just wants my cooking.  Ha!  It's pretty funny, because he used to complain that I cooked too healthy and he was going to have to start getting a cheeseburger on the way home.  He drew the line when I said I was going to start having meat delivered from a farm that was grass fed, not corn fed, which is so fatty and not good for you.  Watch the documentary "King of Corn" and you'll see why there's an obesity problem in America.  Mark went to a steakhouse in Chicago and they were very proud that their beef was "corn-fed" and told them that when they were talking about their steaks.  It's a good thing I wasn't there!!!  I won't go into the details, it would put anyone to sleep I'm sure.

Does anyone watch Big Brother?  Wow, this is an AWESOME season, the best freaking season ever!  I just read the spoiler sites, and I can't believe what is happening!  I saw some of it unfolding on the After Dark from last night.  I love Dan - he is the best, and what he has accomplished this week blows me away!  I can't wait to see the veto ceremony Wednesday!









No comments:

Back to Top