This Is The Stuff That Drives Me Crazy!

Sometimes little things keep happening and they upset me at the time, but I get over each one and move on until I step back and realize - hey, why are all these things happening to me all of a sudden?  Nothing catastrophic, but is there something I'm doing? 

I got into a car accident about two weeks ago.  It was totally my fault.  I was in stop and go traffic on the freeway and was texting, looking down as I was driving, and hit the car in front of me.  I was very upset about it, crying, but my husband was so nice about it, the other driver was so nice about it, the insurance company was so nice about it - they all made it easier on me, so I didn't beat myself up too much about it.  I have yet to schedule the appointment to get my BMW fixed, I think I'm avoiding facing the reality of what I did, but I need to do it.

I just got a new Iphone 5, and I didn't like the cover I ordered for it, so I didn't have one on it.  I was cradling the phone between my shoulder and ear with my hands full in the kitchen, and that little sucker is very slippery and it fell onto the floor onto the hard tile.  I picked it up, and it had white lines on the screen and I couldn't do anything on it.  We don't have a home phone because we just use our cell phones.  Mark is out of town, so I was left without a phone - period.  I went to an AT&T store, and they were pretty rude to me.  They acted like I was insane for not having a cover on it, and bluntly told me it was currently the most fragile phone on the market today.  Since I'm not an authorized user on the account, just my husband is, they wouldn't even help me.  I went to another AT&T where they were so much nicer, but they told me they didn't have the Iphone 5's there, I'd have go to the Apple store - which is about 25 miles away, and this was 7:30 at night!  So I'm left all night without a phone, and I've been talking to my husband tonight through EMAIL!  If someone breaks in tonight and I'm left within an inch of my life, I have no way to call the police.  Dramatic, I know, but also true.

It's just been little things like that - things that can be fixed easily enough.  No one has been diagnosed with cancer, no one is about to lose their home, no one is getting divorced or in marital trouble, no one is addicted to drugs or alcohol.  At least, not that they've told me - you get the idea. It's all just a big inconvenience.

So why do I go through big blocks of time when things are fine, then all of a sudden, things go all wrong?  In those cases, I can say I was to blame.  They were my fault, completely.  I was negligent and learned lessons the hard way. 

But...at least I learned something, they didn't happen for no reason at least.  I just wish they hadn't happened at all.  And I hope there are no more "teachable moments" for me in the near future.  Oh my gosh, I hate that saying, but it totally fits right now. 

However, there are so many things in my life that are going RIGHT in comparison to how bad things *could* be.  I suppose I should be counting my blessings instead of concentrating on what has gone wrong!

This is such a cute video!  I'd only heard the words which are awesome - but the video is funny and adorable!  Not as funny as Brad Pitt's brother Doug's commercials (they make me laugh!  SO SO SO much better than Brad's Chanel No. 5 commercial!), but it fits right now! And if you haven't seen Doug Pitt's commercials (I'm not sure what he's selling - maybe mobile phones?  Mobile service?  A white van?) - google it.  It's totally worth it!

This Is The Stuff - Francesca Battistelli

4 comments:

loonysuse said...

New follower. I've been hopping around your blog for a few days. I lived in the Chicago area for over twenty years, Evanson, Glenview, Deerfield, Wheeling, Mundlein, and Grayslake.

I used to recruit, too.

KansasSunflower said...

Thanks Loonysuse! : ) I will check into those! It's really hard to figure out where to live when you've only visited Chicago one time about 12 years ago! I have no idea what to believe about areas on the internet, and realtors are not allowed to "steer" you anywhere.

loonysuse said...

I love Evanston, but it's expensive - so are Deerfield and Glenview. Mundelein, Grayslake and Wheeling are more affordable.

It depends on the job. My hubby used to get up at 4 am to get to work without sitting in gridlock. (Grayslake to Northbrook.)

KansasSunflower said...

I'll check those out - you are so helpful! : ) What about Elmhurst (where my husband has suggested) or Frankfurt (which might be a newer suburb)? I've heard so many bad things about the traffic. I guess we will be using the Metra? And there are bad things that happen to cars parked at train stations I'm told? I really don't know what I'm talking about. : )

Back to Top