And the House Hunting Begins!

Crazy day.  Out of three showings on our house, we got three offers in the first two days it was listed.  They got into a bidding war, and we went with an offer that was slightly over the asking price. It's so strange. I watched homes sit in our neighborhood for 6+ months without selling and that's what I had prepared myself for as well.  We're looking at homes tomorrow. Ideally I'd live to live in Naperville, but we found a few in Plainfield (north or south, I don't remember, but the realtor said that was important), a few in Naperville, and one, strangely enough, in Aurora. I know very little about these areas, but all we're doing is looking.

I was supposed to enroll in school this morning but called and told them I was sick, so I'm enrolling on the first day of school on Monday. I don't have a clue how to get from Lombard to downtown Chicago.  We haven't even been to downtown Chicago yet.

Everyone here is SO NICE!  Except for the weather which seems to be cloudy all the time, I love it. I'm not even used to my own neighbors stopping and just watching me until I notice them just to wave or say hello.  Mark doesn't like to hear me say this. He's afraid I'm going to go to Chicago and try to talk to strangers.  But they're so nice!  I think he can rest assured that if someone looked like a thug I wouldn't talk to them. And I don't rush up and talk to people, they usually initate it. But this is DAY TWO here. I think it's okay to compare Dallas and the Chicago 'burbs!

Mentally I seem to be holding up okay to the move which is surprising to me. Physically, not so well.  I've put on weight and look awful in my clothes and of course I'm still sick from whatever this infection is. We both went to the doctor and I just took some of the hydrocodone liquid he gave me and it's hard to keep my eyes open. I'm finding myself with my eyes closed and waking up to finish this post, over and over, so night!

6 comments:

Gledwood said...

You could always write the psychiatrist a card or letter.

You could include a photo of yourself dressed in bra and knickers, vacuuming and winking with a cigarette dangling from your mouth with the message "this is what my mania was like before I met you"...

Just an idea ;-)

loonysuse said...

Off topic here... Have you seen the movie Bernie? Anyone familiar with Texas should see it.

Happy hunting.

KansasSunflower said...

Suse - no, have not seen Bernie, and I'm going crazy without a DVR in the corporate apartment! Ack, I have no idea when any of my shows come on! But I do have Netflix, I hope it's on there! : ) Would love to watch it!

KansasSunflower said...

Gledwood - funny! Except I wasn't that manic before I met him. Depression has always been my biggest issue, so maybe me sitting with a full bottle of spilled pills on a table like I'm getting ready to take them all and saying this is me before I met you would be better? Ha, I don't think he would think that was funny. : ) Sucks that mania is so much more fun than depression - usually. Well, maybe half the time at least for me.

Avril Copperfield said...

I’m glad the neighborhood is welcoming! :) Based from your words, what I can picture is a community where everyone knows everybody. It’s really nice to be part of such a pleasant neighborhood. It also makes moving a little less painful, when you feel accepted at once. So, is this really THE house? Update us! -->Avril

KansasSunflower said...

Hello, Avril! I didn't realize I hadn't updated it so long! Yes, I think it may be a community like that, I sure hope so! What you describe sounds very nice! : )

Back to Top