Is The Mystery Solved? TWIST!

Oh my gosh, someone commented on my blog (TWICE, she took the time to comment about it TWICE) about what they thought was wrong with me from my description, and it is exactly what my family doctor thinks is wrong with me!  It was Lynn - I just went and looked!  It was like he was in my head, it was really surreal.  He kept saying,  "Do you have this?  Do you feel that?" and it was so weird, like how could you POSSIBLY know that about me?  He's pretty certain I have a thyroid problem but I have to wait until Wednesday to go in for a blood test.  But it's totally possible I don't I'm sure, and you know what?  I don't care, just fix me, you know?  I doubted it because I JUST had a blood test in April and everything was perfect and I reminded him of that, so I'm getting some other kind of test, he said there were like 600 things to check for thyroids and I have absolutely no clue what I am talking about.  I just know because I am so super constipated he told me to buy a bottle of magnesium citrate and drink it and stay home the rest of the day and part of tomorrow so....guess I won't be constipated for long. : )

He said something funny though, and I can SO see this happening, even I can see myself doing this!  He said women come in all the time and say they have been gaining weight, they don't know why, and they must have a thyroid problem but they never do.  But he said it is people like me who try to take care of themselves, don't feel good but don't understand why, and find it hard to believe they have a thyroid problem.  I really was totally blown away, even though Lynn gave me a head's up.  Sure, I do try to take care of myself, but I have a lot of room to improve.  I could name a million things that he could tell me I should be doing that I'm not or that I should not be doing.

I actually went in because I pee'd my shorts when I ran fast (LOL).  He said if it just when I ran fast, not when I cough or laugh or anything else, let's not make an issue of it right now.  Wear a panty liner and see how that goes, and you know?  I'm 100% okay with that.  He started mentioning all the possibilities I had read to fix it that I do NOT want to do and I'm sure he knows that about me, I'm a tough customer to sell to, but I needed to make sure this wasn't something that was going to just get worse.   And I guess I don't know that it won't, but if this is all it is going to be, I can deal with it without pills, surgeries, blah blah blah!  It has zero impact on my life.  I'm more concerned with things that DO affect my day to day life.

Okay, that's it.  Boring medical post but Lynn, if you read this, thank you. : )

2 comments:

Stella Paella said...

Maybe we should start using LBL (light bladder leakage)? LOL :)

KansasSunflower said...

Very cute Stella! : ) I like that so much better than saying the word incontinence. That brings to mind an image of the aisle at Wal-Mart filled with Depends (in other words - sheer horror!) : )

Back to Top