Need To Make My Blog Private, Hopefully for a Short Time

So...I'm going to have to make my blog private, at least for now, for a very good reason. Mark is in the interview process at another company for one of the "Chief of..." positions and if anyone would find my blog and figure out who I am, which might not be hard at all because all I have said and I even use his name, it could definitely be the reason for him not getting the job.  Even if he doesn't get it, it is probably just the beginning of interviews with other companies for a similar type role.

He actually asked me to do this and feels really terrible about it, but I had already thought of it before he asked.

I may eventually make my blog public again, I haven't decided.  It just all depends on what happens to him in the future.

I will miss the comments, the idea that if just one person read something I had written that made them feel less alone which I want to feel as well, it was worth being so brutally honest. I never tried or wanted to be an advocate of anything or advertise and earn money for my blog.  It is simply my journal that someone might or might not be interesting to someone which was a bonus. I never really cared that much about it because it is a place where I can vent and look back to see how long I had been feeling a certain way or when the last time I had felt that way, any possible triggers there may have been, and it ended up becoming what is now a long history of events in my life that I would completely forget had I not written about it.

So...I will leave this up for a very short time before making it private and I wish there was a way I could make it private with a place that read why my blog was private, but I don't think there is.  I don't have email addresses of people so I can individually explain to those that I know read regularly and I feel really bad about that.

I wish everyone the best of luck in the future and know this is not want I want to do, but simply must for now.

No comments:

Back to Top